Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Resolution

Update more often.

Things to update about:
My cousin was in for the holidays, and we went to see True Grit. Duncan did very well with it all, but Mom has been sneaking my sweets loving pooch some high carb foods (cinnamon rolls, ice cream, etc). This does not bother the dog at all, but it is highly embarrassing to cause the persons sitting near you in a darkened movie theater to throw their coats over their noses and squirm because your service dog just ripped a sulfur bomb of a fart in his sleep.

I get that it's a farm girl thing to feed the ones you love, but there is a reason Duncan's on a low carb diet. I kept him leashed through the big family Thanksgiving to prevent handouts and gut fallout, but thought it was safe to let him wander the house after the extended family left. Mom just had to learn it the hard way (she was sitting next to me at the theater, and he cut one in the car, too.) This would be why Duncan's nicknames were Stinkbutt and Skunkbutt before he was Dorkdog. Good thing he likes his Beano pills. Now that I know why we're playing canine chemical warfare, I can add some yogurt and some enzymes to lessen the gas emissions.


The new toys were a hit, but I forgot to get a picture of the mutt with his. I did get a photo of him wrapped in a ribbon. Kinda schmarmy, but each year with him has been a gift. Also, he really doesn't care what I drape him in, so long as he gets a toy to chase after.

Twist was filled with less than happy thoughts when shang-hied into her own ribbon wearing time in front of the camera.

Happy New Year. May it bring you joy and contentment. Or at least funny dog stories and photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment