Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Little day-to-day things

I was having a less than stellar night last night. Poor Keeper. I knelt down to pick up a DVD that had fallen, and she turned to look just as I was lifting it and I elbowed her in the muzzle. I clipped her with a book I dropped later. Finally, as we were leaving (after weeks of encouraging her to go faster on the stairs because my balance has been good or I've been taking the elevator) I tripped and caught myself on the back of her neck/shoulders. Not too hard, as I also had a hand on the railing. She kept me from faceplanting without missing a step, but judging by the Disapproving School Marm glare I received, I have a feeling we're going to be going s_l_o_w from here on out. Fluffy Knows Best, I'm just impatient... and probably should have taken the elevator. She forgave me for all of that much faster than she's forgiving me for cleaning her ears.

Hot and humid weather and her winter coat growing in made her ears yeasty again. I buzzed the hair in front of her ears so there's air flow and have been cleaning them twice a day with an equal parts apple cider, rubbing alcohol and water mix the last couple days. Looks like we're winning over the wee beasties. She dislikes the ear cleaning, but comes right back afterward because I dole out so many cookies for the discomfort. The Setters disappear for a half hour or more each time I clean Keeper's ears.

On the plus side, she's been getting sassy with our sometimes cooler mornings. We're both hoping for a long, crisp fall and lots of snow this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment