Thursday, July 19, 2012

Introducing Strider

He sat on my lap as we did the paperwork. (pre tattoo)
On July 12th, I got to meet the Blackthorn S litter (Xita x Jedi). There were 7 boys and 5 girls. I watched the litter for a while, and based on the recommendations of the breeder, a SD trainer friend of mine, and my own observations, I took home the bicolor boy with the puppy name Simba.

The next day we were back, and I helped hold them for tattoos, and we headed back west, toward home. 1040 miles and one car accident later (we were rear ended in East Saint Louis when construction halted traffic, we were unharmed, Strider was unphased), we were home. Duncan's taken to the little dude very well, and I'm still working on coming up with his official name. His call name is Strider. He's smart, toy motivated, and seems to be very fetch oriented.

He and the English Setter puppy Sunny are the sort of chaos you'd expect in two pups from working bloodlines, but so far they're a joy to have.




After we got home. The green ear is tattoo ink.
Strider and his plush soccerball
Strider and Duncan's lion plushie.
Strider and Sunny are getting along well, and Strider seems to have a case of hero worship for Duncan.


The boys hang out and pose for the camera.
Sunny and Strider seem to take turns beating each other up, but it's Strider who yelps from too much bite force. His bite inhibition is much better than hers. So far he's only caused me pain on one nip where he'd thrown his toy against my arm, then went after it, hitting skin by mistake.
Strider pounces on Sunny.
Sunny is progressing well on bringing toys back, and has a nice default sit when she wants anything from the humans.
Sunny running with Duncan's lion. He's going to have a hard time getting that toy back.
I think she may be cuter every time I look at her, and she's started flecking out, so she's darker all the time.
Sunny sits with Mom, showing off her lovely tricolor markings and head.

No comments:

Post a Comment