Monday, January 14, 2013

Unhappy New Year

Duncan did in his left knee last week. We saw our vet on Saturday morning. She made a face as she palpated his knee, said it was "popping" and that he'd likely done in more than his cruciate ligament. Called the specialty vet's then, left a message with the scheduler.

Today I called back, because he's my heart. I got him an appointment an hour before the scheduler called back, and I'm only sorry I wasted a couple minutes of her day, I managed to grab a cancellation spot. We'll be going in tomorrow morning, and talking with a specialist.

I have no idea what his prognosis will be, but I'm trying to be hopeful and do my crying when I'm not on the phone with people.

He's on a half dose of Etogesic, as giving him the appropriate dose for his size means he's trying to use the leg and getting out of the ex-pen to try to join the rest of the pack. Right now he's got the cushions off of the love seat to lay on, and seems content with the arrangement, if not happy about being out of the loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment