Our vet called this evening. Keeper's PCR and CBC came back clean, so whatever she's got that's making the SNAP test come up positive, it's not any of the tick borne illnesses known to infect dogs.
I also checked to see if she really knew "sit". I rolled over this morning, she was there, I said sit, she did. I'd never asked for it while I was laying down before. In a different room at a different time, I checked my hand signal. That also works. So, one reliable command in the house. Now to get it solid everywhere.
We've also got the beginnings of "touch", "place" (go to a mat) and various other life skills. We've been doing long-line work when my body cooperates. She's getting the idea of a slack leash being the best way, and is starting to watch me so I can't catch her out.
She has a brain, and she's using it. Duncan's been inviting her to play several times a day, so she's good for him, too.
I'm glad I found her.
No comments:
Post a Comment