Keeper has a really bad habit of putting her mouth on any hand that looks like it might have food. She's very gentle, but she slimes as she goes by. Especially annoying in the kitchen. I worked her an a decent cued "leave it," but it's not a default. So we're fine tuning it, and working toward an uncued, default, "if I didn't tell you to eat it, don't touch it" sort of leave it.
Just a few sessions, but I've been clear on the criteria- nose up and away from the food, solid eye contact. She's added a sit, which is fine, and I'm working to keep both her front feet on the floor- she wants to lift her left front foot because of some unintentional rewards during heeling. During heeling, I'm trying to remember to reward when she keeps both feet down on auto-sits (and we do have auto-sits 85% of the time!)
No comments:
Post a Comment