Sunday, January 19, 2014

Parking lot outing

I feel like hell, so today's outing was just to the empty bank parking lot to work on attention/reward offered behaviors. Put the rear seat down, put down a blanket, loaded up Duncan and Keeper and headed out. She had a slight pause before following Duncan into the back, so I'll see if Dad will let me work her on loading *up* into his truck.

Keeper was very much distracted by the wind and the traffic noise at first. Either I've got my treats too small or she was stressed, as she was grabby today. Did some nice paws up on the steps and column bases, eagerly hopped up on the concrete tables (fell halfway off the bench as she has no hind end awareness, but was not put out at all). Nose targeted a light, and gave good attention.

Still in a plain buckle collar, and still respecting the slack leash.

Put her in the Toaster, unloaded Duncan, did a brief round with him, let him clean up her missed pieces, and the went back and brought her out again.

I don't know what it is about unloading, but she didn't want to that time. Treated her for coming out, moved a little closer to the rumble strip on the road, and then just waited. Duncan settled into a down, Keeper held a nice sit, and then relaxed into a down. Just chilled until the treats ran out, then loaded up and came home. Unloaded Keeper, then Duncan, then Keeper again as she popped back into the "safe zone." I think I need to go out and do an open bar next to the car, not in the car, or something to break the stickiness to staying in the car.

Came home, they played for a bit, now they're both sacked out. It was a small outing, but a lot of thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment