Starting with a refresher of closing the door with him in the room and me outside the room, and moving on to sending him into the room and asking him to shut the door. Was also trying to add the cue "zombies", but that looks to have been confusing things, and trying to fade the door close cue/have him wait for the "zombies" frustrated him, so he's slamming the door and throwing everything we've done with doors at me (though I really like where he grabs the outside tug to pull the door around and then pushes it shut- he's showing proof that he's beginning to understand what I wanted, though I wasn't very clear....)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFxeZfpfWpI
1. Start outside the room, probably in a down on a dog bed.
2. I give the cue.
3. Duncan gets up.
4. Grabs a toy (he loves his Cuz, but I might go looking for something big and fluffy that's easier to see on camera).
5. Takes toy into the room. (possible 5a- set toy on something)
6. He turns.
7. Shuts door with authority.
Right now we're working on 6+7, and adding distance on the run to room, shut door. Once I figure out the toy thing, I'll work on picking it up and running into the room with it. Then start on a bed, picking up the toy and running, etc, etc.
While I started with using a Treat and Train, I gave up on that before we smoothed out enough for me to grab the iPod. He'd either hang up on the food dispenser, or hang up on the door waiting for me to provide the treat (I hadn't at that point, but he's very used to me being a vending machine). I decided to work with his assumptions, not against them. Put the T&T in front of Keeper on the long down setting to stop her fussing, filled my pocket with treats, and went back to working with Duncan. Started getting better results, but I think I can see where the "s" sound in "zombies" is conflicting the work I did to make "s" a "pay attention" sound because it starts sit, stand, and stay.
No comments:
Post a Comment