In some ways, it's weird to realize how little I do when I don't have a service dog. I'm not sure I'd notice the full impact if I wasn't trying to document where Keeper and I go. It's been a busy week.
Went to writers' group again on the 23rd, and my shrink on the 24th.
February 25th we went to the downtown library branch to fill out the pre-hire paperwork for the library job. Got to talk with the security guard on the ride up the elevator about breeds and training, and while I was sitting at a small table filling out paperwork, I heard someone say their dog is not nearly so well behaved at home.
The 26th, we went to the Nelson-Atkins Art Museum for two hours. There were a couple sculptures that she wasn't sure what to make of them- a man's head on a narrow pedestal, a horse sculpture the size of a medium dog, and some of the foo dogs that were flanking a door. They looked real, but didn't move or smell right. She did really, really well, and is a much more patient dog with the wandering that's typical in a museum. Duncan always wanted to be moving, she's willing to wait around.
Then we went out to Chili's for dinner, and she dealt wonderfully with the clapping and singing at our table and the table across the aisle.
The 27th, we went to a sushi restaurant for lunch. Keeper's new patches meant the happy, bouncy little girls kept away while we waited, and Keeper had a lot of foot traffic to watch as we ate (we forgot it was Lent, we've never been there when it's that busy before.)
No comments:
Post a Comment