Saturday, January 23, 2016

Long, good, day

This is my "am I bleeding on the outside?" face.
Keeper and I put in a full 8 hour day at work, then headed off to a friend's house for dinner and a hang out. On our last break of the day (just before going back on the circulation desk) Keeper popped up in play and nailed me in the lip with a tooth. I tasted blood, and the lip felt fat, so I took a photo to see what was going on. Usually it's a nose or tongue she hits me with, no harm, no foul. I went in with a spot of blood from a small puncture and a fat lip.
Sasha would like a plate and food, please.

Visiting at the friend's house after work was a lot of fun. Lucy, the resident BostonX, ran right up and greeted Keeper. Sasha the cat wandered past, as if the sudden appearance of a giant dog was totally normal. Keeper did try to chase Dexter the cat. Dexter hopped on the back of the couch, and then Keeper hopped on the couch seat to see if he'd run more. Dexter was having none of that, turned and hissed. Keeper didn't chase him again, but she kept hoping he'd run.

I thought that Keeper's single minded hope that a cat would play with her was funny as Lucy was all over her, but Keeper didn't try to play with the little dog for the longest time. Lucy got revved up, and she when bouncing from one end of the couch to the other. Keeper tried to chase and self-handicap for the tiny dog and tight quarters all in the same span. Once it warms up, we might have to invite little miss Lucy over and see just how much fun the TerrierTude and the Fluffy Monster can have in a fenced in yard.

Picture from a friend's phone of the size difference. One of Keeper's toes is as big as Lucy's whole foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment