Friday, August 12, 2016

Doing things, and planning more

We had Disc Dogs visit the library. Keeper was distracted by the barking as we were shelving, so we went to the auditorium for her to see them. She was curious about the dogs sitting along the wall, but okay with it until a dog launched off its handler. Dogs are not supposed to fly in Keeperland. So much confusion on her face as she sat there and watched that routine.

The week after, we went to the county fair. Things I learned: Keeper is afraid of goats, not sure of sheep, and unfazed by cattle. I think goats hit the Uncanny Valley for Keeper. Dog-like, dog-sized, not-dogs. After her initial "what the hell is that?" she was starting to come around and think it over, then a Boer stepped up on the side of its pen and Keeper's tail tucked up between her legs. She didn't run, but she wanted nothing at all to do with the goats.

She's gotten me through grocery stores and work and more. I'm not sure either of us is really ready for WorldCon, but it's coming up and we'll see how we handle it. I'm hoping it is fun for both of us.

I've got freeze dried goodies ready to go, I plan to buy cheese, I'm trying to make a schedule that includes potty breaks for her (it's hard when there's so many panels I want to watch!). I haven't really had Keeper in a classroom setting, and this will be my first fan convention, but she handled the library In Service well, and goes to movies, so I hope she translates that to napping during panels.

No comments:

Post a Comment