Strider's breeder has a couple litters coming up, one of which is likely to produce the sort of dog I need. The breeding has happened, and Tuesday the bitch will be ultrasounded to see if the litter took and roughly how many little fuzzballs are in there.
There's a still a lot of "if"s to wait on. If there are male pups. If there's one with the right temperament.
And, to try to set us up with the best start, I'll be paying a trainer to board and raise the pup, if there's a promising male. Timeline of at least two months, possibly a little longer. I don't want to move the pup in the middle of a fear period.
I have a whole lot of thoughts about that. Some of it is anxiety, some of it is just that my brain runs pretty much all the time.
Mostly, I'm excited, and hopeful. I'm also super grateful for Duncan coming into my life and showing me what a well trained canine partner can do for my life, and to Keeper for keeping me on my feet and helping me learn to love the little moments again.
No comments:
Post a Comment