Thursday, September 21, 2017

8 weeks

There were 4 male pups in the litter, 2 blacks, 2 sables. Three were possibles. Sable is my favorite color. For the first 5.5 weeks, the two black boys were the front runners, and one of the sable males was most definitely not a good fit. But then the red collar male started to perk up, and he became the front runner.

So, Turner (at least, I think his name will be Turner. I haven't met him yet, so it's hard to be sure.) will be heading to a professional trainer for a couple months to get him through the not sleeping through the night stage. He'll be home a little before Christmas, if all goes to plan.

I have a lot of hopes, most of which I'm trying to quash so that I don't try to plan too much. Fingers crossed it all works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment