Sunday, February 11, 2018

Not the update I wanted to make

I kept meaning to update on the puppy (and he's doing well), but never got around to it.

This update is much harder, much sadder than I'd meant to make.

Keeper died suddenly February 6th, 2018. "Suddenly" as in, she trotted out to pee like any other morning. I went to make her breakfast. I went to call her in from the yard, and she was gone. A desperate attempt at CPR did not create a miracle. We took her to the vet college, in hopes that a necropsy would yield some answer.

I'm somewhere between grieving and still in shock. The gross necropsy results didn't turn up anything definitive. Some samples have been sent on to pathology and further testing. I don't know when we'll get those results, or how conclusive they'll be.

I have no idea why a heart that full of love suddenly stopped beating. I miss her beyond words. She was such a good dog. I wish we'd had more years together.

No comments:

Post a Comment