Thursday, November 23, 2017

Puppy Pickup planning

The trainer where Turner is getting his foundation socialization is in western New York, where Lake Effect Snow is a thing. I'm in northeastern Kansas, where sudden ice storms are not unusual. I've got the 6th through the 15th off of work. It should be about a 4 day drive there and back. I've got 10 days to do it in. I'm hoping that's more than enough. I've got first vet visit appointments on Tues the 12th, Fri the 15th, and Tues the 19th (or "driving was good," "driving was not good," and "we didn't die, but we will never speak of this again" driving times.)

I need to lay hands on a second 36 inch crate, or steal Twist's for the trip. I have a lot of things still to sort out in my room to better puppy proof it.

I'm excited, but also a bit scared as it becomes more and more real. I want so desperately for it all to go right....

No comments:

Post a Comment