Oops, this was put in drafts on 1/31/13
Duncan had his incision check today. They were slammed, so we got our information second hand from the tech. The surgeon didn't feel any swelling, and Duncan's got good range of motion. So far, so good on the road to recovery.
He's now cleared to wander the first level of the house, take the stairs (slowly) to the basement, and use the treadmill we have in the basement for his rehabilitation walks. If we had sidewalks, if the neighbors didn't let their aggressively territorial animals roam, if I was healthier and more stable on my feet, we'd do it together. I figure I'm good for 3 ten minute walks a day, and then we'll have to supplement with treadmill time. As it is, he's the dog who'd go trotting down the stairs and park himself on the treadmill, so I think he'll enjoy his rehab walks.
He's been enjoying his frozen meals, frozen cucumber, carrots and other low-cal treats. His fur is growing back. He's no longer Naked Butt, he's Stubble Butt.
He's very happy with his progress. He's been peeing with his weight resting on his TPLO side, trying to run during his potty walks (He's gone from wandering on a 10 foot leash to getting about 3 feet of slack to work with), tries to get us to play fetch with him, and tried to jump into the truck for his checkup. I'm so glad I was worried about his shoulders and put the time in years ago to teach him to step from the seat to the floor to the running board and then out, as it means we have a chance to support his rear as he leaves the vehicle.
No comments:
Post a Comment