Knew I was at the right place for all the Berner statues.
| Big tricolor dog, laying down and grinning at the camera. |
She whined a tiny bit about being in an ex-pen instead of loose in the room, but seems to have zonked out now that she's sure Duncan and I are here for the night. This is so much easier than Strider.
Ocho is content with her. She backs off when he growls. Sunny thinks she's awesome, Twist is trying to make sure everyone knows she's not boss, which is confusing the hell out of the puppy. Duncan was pretty much "You brought home another dog? And you want me to be nice to it? Fine. Lemme finish peeing on ALL THE THINGS, and then we'll talk. Oh, and I'm going to go crap on the property line, just to be sure I've marked everything." He even tried to pee on her tail! Jerk-face missed, thankfully.
So much coat. Such huge feet. I'm going to need a bigger dog bed for her. She's really fond of coming up between my knees and putting her head in my cleavage. I need to decide if I want to keep that on cue or just knock it off soon here.
She ate dinner fine, and seems interested in food. She's got play/herding drive- she doesn't want to play bump and tackle, she wants to chase.
She greeted everyone but Ocho outside, walked in, inspected the place, I had to hold the dog door for her twice, and then she's been worming her way into the pack like she belongs here. She's been awake here less than four hours. She's being AMAZING.
Tomorrow I plan to start introducing her to the clicker. And I need to come up with a name. They called her Kiara (Key-are-ah), and I can never remember 3 syllable names, so I'm planning to switch her to Keeper or Kiki, since she's aware of and responsive to the "Key" sound.
No comments:
Post a Comment