For OSB1, the go out and around is called a "wrap". Trying to find something Duncan didn't immediately pick up, poke, or paw target was impossible. Most of the first two sessions were spent trying to wait him out for those rare times his nose passed the center line without other behaviors. This is our third session, and the fewest no-reward markers ("no" and "that's not it") so far. I did ask for too much distance too quickly, but I think we corrected okay.
For Rally Skillbuilding 1, which started Oct 1st, we were to have our dogs sit, lure them forward until their hocks came up, then push the treat straight back under their jawline to get them to shift their weight back. Repeat until the dog seemed to know it, then try pushing straight back with the treat. Ideally, the dog would pop their hind end out and back. Keeper did not do this. Keeper squished.
Obedience Skillbuilding 1 suggested the same under-the-chin target to get the kickback stand and my heart sank. But then there was a suggestion of a rear foot target to encourage the dog to reach out with their hind legs. I think we're closer to a true kickback, though I see a lot of slow timing and missed clicks on this- I kept rewarding a weight shift forward, not the weight shift to her rear. So, a bit farther to go on this. And a bit more mindful of exactly what I'm looking for.
I should probably also update here with all the things Keeper's been up to (yesterday she went with me for my teeth cleaning, and rocked it, this past weekend, she met my cousin's cats and their 9.5 month old baby who's now in the crawling/pulling herself up stage). However, that's going to need to wait, since I'm tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment