Nose Targeting
Positions - sit/ down/ stand
Pivot Platform (aka perch work)
Wrapping
Jumping
Take It/Hold
Scent Discrimination
Chin Target
Paw Targeting
Fronts
Finishes
Stimulus Control (maybe less a behavior, and more a reminder to get the behavior on cue)
Duncan knew all of them to stimulus control prior to class except Wrap (go out/around- it's a hard concept for him), Perch work/pivot (he's got very little rear awareness), and Scent Discrimination. I can send him to seek out a satchel of oregano and we started on Clove, but searching for my scent is not something we've spent time on. We're supposed to pick three behaviors for class, so those are his.
Prior to last term's Rally Skillbuilding, Keeper knew only those things absolutely necessary to working as my SD- sit, down, fetch, and enough of a nose target to get things done. Getting the fetch took long enough that I rarely had energy for the 'frills' of competition obedience, other than the start of an attention heel. We added in fronts and finishes in Rally Skillbuilding, though our left (swing) finish needs tightening. I'm hoping taking Obedience Skillbuilding and Rally Skillbuilding 2 at the same time will be very good for us.
We've already started building a kickback stand. Tonight we started chin targets and are cleaning up nose targets to something I can use to encourage position. I hope we'll be rebuilding at least part of the "hold" with the help of the chin target. I'm also hoping to get to scent and Wrap/Jump, but with the "pick 3" suggestion from the instructor in mind, we'll be focusing on Chin/Hold, Pivot and Stand (which are basically rear end awareness skills.) I'm hoping to video this weekend as a accountability measure.
No comments:
Post a Comment