Over the last few months with the shaped retrieve, I've been putting a lot of emphasis on the hold, and delivering to hand. I've also started to encourage Keeper to pick up her bowl and bring it at meal time. As I expected, this has led to a few attempts at bringing the bowl at non-meal times, for a second breakfast or a lunch.
Today, I grabbed a treat and offered it to her without taking the pan out of her mouth. I then proceeded to laugh like a loon because she wasn't sure how to get the treat without dropping the pan, and doesn't understand that in this context, dropping the pan *will* pay off. Thus, when she grabbed up the bowl again, I grabbed the camera and more treats.
 |
| The original, happy face- Whoo! I get food for this! |
 |
| The doubtful face- Why you no take pan? |
 |
| The nose bump- YES I WANT THAT! |
 |
| Unhappy face- You Suck. |
I ended up tucking two treats into her mouth to rest on her tongue before she realized I was trying to pay her for dropping the pan, and even then she didn't look completely convinced.
It's nice to know we have a solid hold in the face of distraction.
No comments:
Post a Comment