Sunday, February 21, 2016

Big Visits Sunday

Today started with going to the McDonald's with the play area so we could visit with my cousins with small kids. Keeper had a lot of thinking to do with the kids running by and laughing or screaming. She picked up and handed me a dropped pacifier, and was doing well tucked under the booth. Unfortunately, my body hated the seating, so she also did some alerting to my pain levels coming up, or me holding my breath because of the pain. She was polite with Mel petting her (on a "go say hi" cue) just before I bailed. Keeper doesn't do that well with adults she knows when she's working. (Still not sure how she decided that she had to avoid all petting while in gear, but she does.)

We got home, and I stripped her gear but dropped it in the kitchen to let her out in the yard to potty. She was back in as I moved her gear to the proper storage hook, and for the first time I remember, she didn't rush forward to get dressed and go to work.

We took a nap/laid down to rest/for the pain killers to kick in. By the time I was ready to go to work, she'd recharged and was peppy and ready to go. Did well at work, though she kept close tabs on me.

Came home, and the neighbors came over to deliver Girl Scout cookies. Keeper had way too much fun sniffing those little girls, and laid down to get petted by them both.

Then it was Walking Dead night and long stays and not being a lap dog. Basically a 9 to 9 day, she should sleep very well tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment