Monday, February 15, 2016

Valentine's Weekend goings-on

Couple of big days in Keeperland. Valentine's Day was another work day and the return of The Walking Dead. She did some really nice work in the library, then got to schmooze when a couple of friends came over for pizza and the mid-season premiere of TWD. Did some lovely long sit/stays, did a couple good down stays, and then when released, dorked out and tried to be an all-the-way-in-the-lap lapdog. Hundred plus pounds of happy.

Today we had a furnace service man come out, so I worked Keeper on leash, asking for attention and ignoring instead of investigating his shoes. If anything, I think that particular workman was a bit disappointed that Keeper hardly glanced at him.

It was also Garden Club prep day. Picked up Donna, went to the church, and set up flowers for tomorrow's meeting. Keeper was a bit weirded out by the big, dark building that smelled of hundreds of people when we were the only ones there. While Donna was getting things for Doranne, I knotted up Keeper's leash and sent her to fetch it all around the Fellowship hall/the work area where we have a lot of our Garden Club stuff. That helped work off the nervous energy, and when I asked her to lay down next, she rolled on a hip.

Took Doranne the flowers, and left Keeper in the car since it would be a quick walk up to the door with my hands full. Which was fine, until I had to navigate some steps on my own. I managed, but there was a wobble on my way back down. As I got back to the car, I could see Keeper watching me with concern. I teased her that I didn't know her neck could get that long.

We got home in good order with the flowers I need for my part of tomorrow's shenanigans. Keeper promptly took a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment