Sunday, February 7, 2016

Recheck great news

Duncan's x-rays are exactly the same, so it's just a weird spot on his bone. The vet told Duncan that now I can stop worrying, and I laughed. She corrected herself to me worrying about something else. That's a lot more likely.

I had the vet redo the drawer test (a check for a torn CCL). Last January it was a positive test (she was guessing a partial tear.) She suggested surgery at that time as "these things don't heal on their own." We had done conservative management and trying to strengthen the muscles to support the knee. I thought I was seeing improvement, but at least it didn't look any worse. This year, the drawer test was negative. If it had gone/ever goes to a full tear, I'll get him a custom brace, but for now, I can breathe a little easier when he and Keeper play bump and tackle in the yard.

He's doing well with his hemp CBD oil treats (Treatibles), and they seem to help his arthritis pain. They smell really good, and he scarfs them down, so they taste good to him. I am tempted to contact the company and see if they sell non-CBD treats, because the other dogs are jealous.

That's good news on all fronts- fecal, blood, x-ray, pain management. Other than my anxiety and panic attacks leading up to the recheck x-rays, it's a great way to start the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment